Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


Feliz Dia de Accion de Gracias! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday with your families... You all have been in my mind and prayers! MTC Thanksgiving was nothing like it should be with family, and home cooked food. BUT, we did get to hear from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, and the fake pie wasn't TOO bad.

Elder Holland came prepared with answers to questions that missionaries had written a couple weeks ago. That informal part of his talk was very interesting, and definitely eye-opening. He also talked about the many things that he is grateful for. He has such a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the impact of his mission on his life. Elder Holland also spoke of the blessing of his eternal family; Sister Holland spoke briefly, and she mirrored his comments. It was clear that they have such a great relationship, and that's something that I look forward to someday... SOMEday... don't worry, not anytime soon! :)

I took the opportunity Thursday to also reflect on the things that I am grateful for, and they're pretty much the same as Elder Holland's. I'm so grateful for my knowledge of the Restored Gospel, and for the Atonement of my Savior Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for my family, for their love for me, and for my parents for teaching me the truth. Right now I'm especially thankful for the opportunity that I have to be on a mission and to share the Gospel and invite people to come unto Christ.

I realize that I maybe haven't sounded very humble in my last few updates... Yes, I am learning Spanish at record speed, and yes, I feel like Hermana Taylor and I are teaching well. HOWEVER, I can not take credit for any of this. I am relying so strongly on the Spirit to help me know what to say, and how to touch the lives of the people we teach. I have been thinking this week about the scripture in Ether 12:6 that says: "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble..." I have definitely been humbled by God's power, and feel blessed to be able to recognize his hand in my life.

We figured out this week at breakfast one morning that we won't leave the MTC until next decade... A daunting thought, but I'm doing my best to make the most of it; I really do love it here!

Love you all,

Hermana Richelle Ouellette

No comments:

Post a Comment