Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I would like to share with you a piece of some of my lessons this week. We have been talking a lot about the importance of our Savior, and the power of the Atonement, and one of my teachers, Hermano Haight, shared a "lema" (motto) with us that inspired success in some missionaries in Japan.

Obedience is the price
Faith is the power
Love is the motive
The Spirit is the key
Christ is the reason.

I have been thinking about this a lot, and I believe it can have a lot of meaning and power in our lives, even for those of you who aren't missionaries, or even LDS (Mormon). Christ is the reason for everything we have... We are so indebted to him as our mediator and our Savior. If it weren't for His life and death, I would not have a message to share, nor would my "normal" life have much meaning either.

This time of year is the perfect time to reflect on the birth and life of Jesus Christ, whose life was a gift from God, given to us so that we may have eternal life, the GREATEST of all the gifts of God. (See John 3:16, and D&C 14:7).

I'm so grateful for the GIFTS that the Gospel has brought to me, and I would like to share them with you.

First, my family and the knowledge that we are an eternal family, sealed together for time and all eternity. Despite our challenges and problems, we will have the opportunity to live together forever with God. The Gospel of Jesus Christ has helped me be a better daughter and sister, and someday wife and mother.

Second, the Comforter. John 14:26 - after baptism I was given the gift of the Holy Ghost, to comfort, to guide, and to testify of truth. I am grateful for the many ways the power of the Spirit has blessed my life. I have been comforted through times of trial, received answers to prayers, and gained my own testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Third, my understanding of the Plan of Salvation. Becuase I know God's plan for me and for each of His children, I have a "road map" that tells me where I'm going and how to get there. There is safety and comfort in having a plan, and a perspective on this life.

Since I'm limited on time, I'll share only one more. The Atonement of Jesus Christ. The Atonement provides a very real cleansing, healing, and comforting power, and it is only through it that we may be saved. I know, and am both amazed and comforted by the fact that after all we can do, Jesus Christ will make up the difference.

"If we are to have the very best Christmas ever, we must reach out for the Carpenter's hand. With every step we take in His footsteps, we abandon a doubt and gain a truth." (Thomas S. Monson, 2008) I would invite you to celebrate Christ this Christmas by following His example, and make this Christmas the very BEST Christmas ever.

Merry Christmas

Love,

Hermana Richelle Ouellette

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas, Sis. Oulette! Sounds like you're having a fun time! Love Pam Taylor.

    ReplyDelete