Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Things I never thought I'd do....(1/26)


Today was transfer day... and we're staying! I'm so excited... transfer call night (the Monday before transfers, every six week) has been a horrible experience for me for the past five or six transfers. This is the first time I haven't had a change of area, or companion, or both. It's such a relief to know that with things going so well we get to actually enjoy it for at least another six weeks. Yay! :)

Hermana Norton and I were talking the other day about things that we never thought we'd do... and how a lot of them have happened on our missions. Among many very random things there was one in particular that we thought was pretty funny. It had to do with how when we were younger our moms got a little upset when we tried to invite ourselves over to our friends' houses. And to their credit, it is pretty rude. However, it seems that we do a lot of that.. inviting ourselves in or over. We have pretty much become professional "inviter-overs". It's hilarious how our normal social boundaries are completely out the window, but the best part is knowing that we have the spirit to back us up! We have had some incredible experiences this week getting into homes we weren't expecting and have had some amazing lessons with new investigators. I love them all already!

Another thing I thought I'd never do... carry around a pack of cigarettes. We have an investigator, Manny, that has quit smoking so he can be ready for his February 5 baptism. He gave us his last pack and wrote and signed an "oath" on it that he would quit. We're so excited for him, but as soon as we got to the car with the cigarettes we kind of looked at each other like what do we do with these? I'm not sure what is the most "green" way of disposing of cigarettes, so for now they're just sitting on our counter top! Gross!

As far as something I never thought I would actually be able to do - I translated for a fireside on Sunday night. It was actually from Spanish to English (which is easier to do) but I got the head set and everything! It is so cool to recognize the gifts that Heavenly Father has given me to help in his work. I am so grateful!

I also thought I'd never go a winter without snow... Everyone keeps telling me how much snow you all are getting back east! Ah! Everyone should live in Arizona! I never want to see another winter below 60 degrees again!

Life is great and the mission is the best thing EVER!

Love you all,

Hermana Richelle Ouellette

No comments:

Post a Comment