Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Day After Easter (4/25)

Surprise! P-days were changed to Mondays... so it's only been a few days since I last wrote... and not a whole lot new has happened since then.

Easter was great! We participated in a gratitude fast with all of the missionaries in the mission, and it was an amazing experience! Yesterday during every prayer I offered I ONLY gave thanks, and although it was a bit of a challenge to not ask for things, it helped me learn a lesson. I loved how I felt all day as I thought about all the things I was grateful for! Also, Lionel and Connie were fasting with us, not out of gratitude, but to know if they should be baptized on May 14. That made it an extra-interesting experience for me because normally I would be praying for them to get an answer, but because I couldn't ask for it I had to change the way I addressed it in my prayers. Instead of saying "please help them to get an answer" I was able to express gratitude for the opportunity to have met them and teach them, and for the knowledge that I have that they WILL receive an answer. My faith became perfect knowledge in "that thing" (Alma 32:34).

We went to the Easter pageant again this weekend, which was fun. I enjoyed the pageant last year, but this year everything felt so much more real to me. Of course everyone in the production is still an actor playing a part, but the stories, and the truth of the message are REAL. I testify of the reality of the Savior, that he lived, that he died for us, and that HE LIVES. It was wonderful to ponder the significance of these events yesterday, and to grow in my faith and testimony of His resurrection. I know that because of these acts, we too, will live again in the presence of our Heavenly Father.

I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and everything that comes with it. I know that I am truly happier because I live according to these eternal truths, and I am so grateful for my knowledge and continually growing testimony of each principle.

Have a wonderful week,

Hermana Richelle Ouellette

No comments:

Post a Comment