Wednesday, February 24, 2010

We Survived Transfers!

First of all, transfers are today, but we are both staying in Queen Creek! Yay! We both felt like that is what was going to happen, but I couldn't help but nervously stare at the phone all night Tuesday as we waited for the call. I am really excited to be staying here, and with Hermana Wilkins. She is such an incredible example, and I love learning from her every day, plus I really like this area, and the investigators we have right now. I'm not ready to say goodbye to them yet!

On Thursday, we went to dinner at El Rico's, a Mexican restaurant where the owner is a member. He is kind enough to feed the missionaries for free, and since we don't get enough Mexican food (NOT!) we decided to check it out. Well, it happened to be Karaoke night, so in true form of our companionship we decided to sing a hymn. We sang "I Need Thee Every Hour" (in Spanish of course) and we were pretty well accepted by the audience! We've been invited back, and next time they're going to have an accompaniment CD for us.

We've been working a lot with Santiago this week, and he has accepted a date for baptism! He loves learning, and seems to be just soaking everything up! We are really excited to help him progress and prepare to make this sacred covenant. His wife still does not understand the importance of the restored gospel, but I know as she sees the changes in her husband, and her daughter (who is getting baptized in March in Mesa) she will recognize the blessings they are receiving and begin to soften her heart.

We taught a woman, Nila, yesterday that seems to have lots of potential. She expressed her doubts and concerns as to why she didn't agree with her previous Church, and told us some of the things she is looking for in a religion. She said that she just feels she hasn't found the right one yet, but is looking for something that will fill her heart and complete the missing pieces in the puzzle. We are so excited to teach her and help her see the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ. This is one reason I love the gospel, because it has all the answers! Everything just makes so much sense, and fills all the holes and gaps that exist in other places in our lives and in the world. As I continue to study the scriptures and the words of the modern day prophets I recognize this truth even more and I get so excited about it! This gospel is perfect, and complete, and with this knowledge in my life I have so much peace and hope! I take confidence in knowing that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father, that I understand my purpose in life, and that if I continue on the correct path and do the things that I need to here that I can return to live with Him, and with my family for eternity.

I feel so blessed to have been raised with this understanding, and love the opportunity that I have right now as a missionary to share this message of with everyone and offer them the same peace and blessings that I have enjoyed. Every sacrifice I make as far as being away from my home is well worth it to offer others the blessing and opportunity to return to their Father in Heaven in their Celestial Home. Keep this in your mind this week - your divine heritage and potential as Children of God, and let that affect your daily actions. Remember who you are!

Much love,

Hermana Richelle Ouellette

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Congratulations on your investigators and the success you are experiencing. There really is nothing else like it. I love reading your blog, it takes me back to better days. God bless you sweetie for what you are doing. Look forward to reading more. I also know with all my heart that Joseph Smith is a true prophet and would never dare deny it. Love, Barbara (one of mom's old friends)

    ReplyDelete