Thursday, March 11, 2010

Count Your Blessings - March 3

This week flew by! I can't believe it's Wednesday again already! Crazy...

Yesterday were cleaning checks in our apartment, and we didn't find out until 10pm the night before. SO... we woke up at 6 put on our cleaning clothes and cranked up some Eclipse (yay for missionary approved music!) and started scrubbing. It was a pretty intense couple hours, but of course we passed the inspection with all 10s!

On Friday we stopped by our recent convert, Alma, to see how she was doing (and because we both had to use the bathroom and we were in her neighboorhood!). We see her a lot of course, but this time she was extra-excited to talk to us (she calls us her "Hermanitas" - little sisters) because she had some good news. A couple months ago she lost her job, and we have been praying specifically for her to find work. Well, Friday she told us that her prayers had been answered and she had gotten the job she wanted. She also told us that they were going to lose their house this month if they couldn't find some form of income, but with this new job everything is going to work out. I am so happy for her and I know that these blessings are coming from her faith, as answers to our prayers, and according to her obedience as she tries to improve her life and do the things she knows she's supposed to be doing.

I know that Heavenly Father is looking out for us and knows our exact needs and concerns. We have to have the faith that he will bless us with those things. We show our faith by being obedient to the commandments and keeping the covenants we have made. He is ALWAYS there and will things will ALWAYS work out if we put our faith in Jesus Christ and try to do what's right.

This week I have really thought a lot about the blessings that I have received in my own life. I am so humbled to realize that I have been so incredibly blessed in literally every aspect of my life. I know my Heavenly Father loves me, and I know that I need to use these blessings to help others. The scriptures tell us that where much is given, much is required... not asked, or expected, REQUIRED. These thoughts have renewed my excitement to use the gifts and blessings I have been given to reach out to others and do the Lord's work here on the earth. This week, take a few minutes to "count your blessings" and recognize how much the Lord has blessed your life. Then think about how you can use one of your many gifts to help strengthen one of God's children... and do something about it! I know that more than one life will be blessed.

Love you all,

Hermana Richelle Ouellette

No comments:

Post a Comment