Thursday, January 28, 2010

Onward!

One of our investigators, Alma was baptized on Saturday, and the ceremony was beautiful. She was so excited to be baptized, and then to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday. It was amazing to see her testimony of how confident she is that the Gospel will bless her life. I know that her prayers will be answered, and that she will be blessed, because I can see the blessings of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life, my family, and the lives of many others.
I think since the baptism, Satan has been working extra hard on us because we've had an interesting last couple days. It seems like we've been spending a lot of time inside (not on purpose, we've just been doing our required studying, planning, etc.) Anyway, the only time we've been outside or teaching have been with people who are absolutely NOT interested in the Church. I love talking to anybody and everybody, but when they just want to yell at us or tear us down it is NO FUN! One guy, Bruce (dubbed shortly after the experience "Bruce Almighty") talked to us for almost 45 minutes, and literally would not listen to a word we said. He was looking for all kinds of proof that the Book of Mormon is true, and then wouldn't listen to what we had to say. He told us that he was purposely trying to put a doubt in our minds... and that was only the first of a series of similar experiences we had Monday and Tuesday.
Fortunately these people and their thoughts don't affect my testimony at all... in fact, it actually strengthens my testimony of the need for a Restoration! It's good to ask questions, but I have no need to doubt because I have faith in the perfect plan of my Heavenly Father. Anyway, all this being "under fire" is quite exhausting! The past few nights we've come home at the end of the day pretty worn out and a little frustrated that we haven't been teaching...

This morning we got to go to the Mesa Temple (which is beautiful, by the way!) and it was exactly what I needed. I was so grateful to be able to feel the peace there, and yet another confirmation that this gospel is SO TRUE! Honestly, testimony aside, there are so many things about the gospel of Jesus Christ that just make sooo much sense! I'm so thankful that I have a sure knowledge of these things and I just wish people would open their eyes and see what great joy we have to offer. On the wall in temple in big gold letters is the scripture from the Sermon on the Mount that says "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God". Today, I took that to mean that those who are humble and have a soft heart will be able to see the hand of God in their everyday lives. I'm certainly not perfect, and far from pure, but what a blessing it is to be able to recognize the influence of my Heavenly Father in my life. I would challenge you all this week to look for the Lord's hand in your life and to realize the every day miracles that we sometimes overlook.

Much love,
Hermana Richelle Ouellette

No comments:

Post a Comment