Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Going Green (3/16)

When President and Sister Howes arrived to the mission 8 months ago they did a training on "being green" and what it is like to have the fire of coming out on a mission, and how we should never let that die. I like to think I have maintained that excitement, but this week working with Hermana Adams who is truly green (and so excited about missionary work) has made me love what we're doing even more! I feel like I'm green again... well, except for the year+ of experience, which is kind of nice. Anyway our enthusiasm and desire to work hard has brought several miracles this week.

We have been working with a 15-year-old girl named Erika. She is AWESOME! I am so impressed by her desire to learn, and her testimony of the things we have taught her is beyond her years. Yesterday I was blown away in our lesson as she described how "Mormonism" is not just "another religion" but the completeness of the gospel. Yes! That's it!! She was also excited to learn that we have a modern day prophet, and is (almost) as excited as I am for General Conference in a few weeks! :)

Some of the biggest miracles we have seen are from our investigators who are all of a sudden making leaps of progress... what we call Greenie Blessings! It is literally as if someone spread "missionary miracle grow" all over our area. It is incredible to see, and I know that as they continue to keep their commitment they will continue to come closer to Christ and see positive changes in their lives.

One of our investigators, Lily, invited us to a baby shower at Golden Corral this weekend... epic fun. We enjoyed chatting with some of the women there, and it was awesome to see that Lily was confident enough to introduce us to her closest friends. We had a special lesson with her on Monday, when she shared with us how much she loves meeting with us, reading the Book of Mormon, and coming to church. She knows baptism is in her future, and she is praying to know for sure that this is the right step to take. She asked us to also pray for her that she might come to that conclusion. We shared a tender experience with her as she told us how she can see the light of Christ in our faces, and feels that everything we say is coming from our hearts. I was touched by her sincere compliment, as that is exactly what we are trying to achieve.

I could tell you so much more from this week, but I don't think I could adequately convey my enthusiasm for missionary work and gratitude for the miracles we have witnessed this week. Thank you for all your prayers... we are seeing answers to them daily!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Love always,

Hermana Richelle Ouellette

1 comment:

  1. That was wonderful to read. I'm going to have my son Graeme read it. Thanks for sharing the green:

    ReplyDelete