Wednesday, December 15, 2010

In the Lord's Hands (12/15)

I don't know if you have ever had to move everything you own out of your apartment in an hour, but it is NOT fun! Transfers were today, and although we have known since Monday that I was staying in the area and Hermana Johnson was leaving (as well as Sister Stringham - she's home now! Crazy!) we assumed that meant no additional changes. However, yesterday afternoon we found out that we would be moving out of our apartment and into a member's home. That also meant that they would be splitting our areas and putting Elders in after the last four weeks that the Sister's have spent getting to know everything there, based on the assumption that we would be here until March. I was not happy. But, President Howes made a few last minute changes (based on the quiet whisperings of the spirit), and things have worked out more perfectly than I could have planned (I guess that's why we rely on the Lord!)

I can't even begin to detail everything that has happened with this transfer, especially in the past two days. Things have been absolutely crazy stressful since Sunday trying to figure out what was going on, and what was going to happen. Suffice it to say the Lord answers prayers, above and beyond anything that I could EVER imagine. Once again I've been proven to that the Lord is mindful of our needs and the needs of all His children and He will not let us fail. Our mission president said it well today during our transfer meeting... He told us it is a miracle how well things work out every transfer the way they are supposed to, because the Lord will NOT let us fail.

So anyway, my new companion is Hermana Norton, from Colorado. She is way cool, and I am excited to work with her. I am also excited to continue working with the people we have in BOTH the English and Spanish areas. I LOVE these people - they are all so different, and yet, each so wonderful.

Not much time this week to tell you more, but the work is still moving along great, and I still love all of you at home. Hope you are having a joyful holiday season.

Love,

Hermana Richelle Ouellette

No comments:

Post a Comment